Can I change the headings/sections?
Yes! EVERY single item in this template can be changed. Therefore, you can make any heading say whatever you need it to. You can also add, move and delete sections. Because of this, you can use ANY template for ANY profession.
Can I change the colors?
Yes! Colors can be changed on any item – headings, titles, sections, lines, graphic elements, icons, etc!
When do I get my template?
Resume templates are Instant Downloads. Nothing will be mailed to you, and you will be able to work on your resume immediately! As soon as you purchase a template, you will get an email with a link to download your template.
How does this work?
– Download your file from the email you will receive as soon as your payment is processed.
– DOUBLE-CLICK the ResumeTemplate.zip file in order to “unzip” it. Save to your desktop or somewhere you will remember. File will extract into numerous folders & files labelled STEP 1 – 4. If your computer doesn’t have WinZip or you don’t want to download it for free at http://www.winzip.com/prod_down.html, I can send you the files individually.
– Read the STEP 1 – Instructions file first. Completely. It has ALL the answers. If you don’t have a PDF reader on your computer (this is very rare), you can download an awesome, free one here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
– Install the fonts (directions are in Instructions file).
– Open Word or Pages (Word/Pages must be re-started for fonts to load). Microsoft Word or Mac Pages are required to use templates, as stated in the listings. NOT GoogleDocs, not OpenOffice, not anything else! Templates are just too complicated for those programs.
– Type your resume text over my “dummy” text.
– When your resume is complete, you must upload/email your resume in PDF format, NOT Word or Pages format. Follow the directions in Instructions file to save as a “borderless” PDF file.
– LAND THAT JOB!
What do I need to edit the template?
You need either Microsoft Word or Mac Pages (GoogleDocs, OpenOffice, etc. are NOT compatible with templates) and a personal computer (or a work computer that will let you install fonts). You will need some sort of “unzipping” software on your computer such as WinZip (which is FREE at winzip.com) and a PDF reader to view the instructions and resume writing guide (most computers have PDF readers already installed, but you can also download a great one for free here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/).
Will the fonts look the same on my computer?
Yes! All resume templates come with links to download the free fonts used in each template.
How do I make sure my resume looks the same on every computer when uploading/emailing it?
Resumes must be uploaded/emailed in PDF format to ensure the end user sees exactly what you see. Directions are included in the Instructions file on how to save your resume as a borderless PDF file.
My template files won’t open. What do I do?
If you have Mac Pages ’09 or an old version of Word (2008 or earlier), your files might not open, look a little jumbled or have things missing (like some icons). If this is the case, shoot me an email and include your version of Word/Pages and I will send you older, more compatible files.
My computer says the files are corrupt.
If your computer says the template files are CORRUPT, try to re-download the file and unzip it again. If this still doesn’t work, no worries! Just email me and I’ll send them to you individually. To expedite this, let me know if you need the Mac Pages or the Microsoft Word files. firstname.lastname@example.org
I need to add a page to my resume.
No problem! Just email it to me at email@example.com and I can quickly do this for you.
I’ve made a mess of my resume playing around with it too much. How do I fix all the formatting?
There is a tutorial in the Instructions file on how to move the text boxes around in order to put everything back in place. And I also offer a FREE resume cleanup service with purchase – just email your resume to me at firstname.lastname@example.org, and I will clean up all the formatting for you! Everything you send me is completely confidential and my mail and client files are deleted daily.